Pete MurphyIT Advisory Executive, CareSourcePete Murphy is a well-established leader, builder and collaborator with high standards for personal integrity and a bias for action. He has demonstrated senior level leadership experience building, growing, improving and operating business systems and processes as a CIO, CTO, CISO, Risk Leader and Data and Analytics executive.
He specializes in solving big and small problems with people (teams and organizations), processes (reliable and scalable stand-alone and cross-functional operating processes) and technology (implementing, integrating and managing technology and digital transformation improvements). He has developed his expertise in both large and small companies, including entrepreneurial start-ups.
As a Cybersecurity leader, Pete has been fortunate to have been a pioneer on the front lines as Cybersecurity moved from the side stream of business into the mainstream. Select highlights include:
• Designed and built Bank of America’s first capabilities for Security Awareness, Security Engineering, Global Incident Response and Network Defense, Attack and Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Management and Investigations and Digital Forensics.
• Represented Bank of America in the national effort to improve critical infrastructure protection under PDD 63.
• Managed investigations with the FBI, Secret Service and corporate counsel.
• Managed global incident responses for internet-based malware and threat actors.
• First corporate CISO for AmSouth Bank (now Regions Financial) and TIAA and built their first cybersecurity programs.
• Co-patent holder for systematic analysis and assessment of technology risks.
• Implemented security and resiliency designs which successfully defended against ransomware attacks.
• Co-founder, UNC Charlotte Cybersecurity Symposium.
About the Speaker